On 22 April 2017, NGO PEN and Science For Change Movement organized the campaign Making Sense. This action involved several symbolic activities in order to raise awareness on air pollution which will remain in the same alarming levels in winter if no specific measures are undertaken. The activities involved:
– Placing a tree decorated with coal in the city center to attract attention towards the massive air pollution that is caused by using coal especially during winter;
– A classical music performance where the musicians wore masks to protect themselves against air pollution;
– Handing out masks – which citizens could design themselves;
– Displaying two banners to put emphasis on the 835 premature deaths in Kosovo caused by air pollution, and to simultaneously urge state institutions to react against air pollution which will be present during winter;
– On-site measurements of air quality and informative handouts about air pollution.